Wednesday, December 21, 2005

When Words Are Not Enough, Use Pictures

Google fans are no doubt gonna be a little upset and this news. With Google buy 5% in AOL, it looks like we will now have picture ads on on our Google web page, something that has bee missing since the beginning. Google has been a long time fan of minimalistic search pages. Google ads are small, text only boxes that are not overly annoying. Now with pictures, will Google be just like every other search engine? Good thing I have Adblock Plus for my Firefox browser.

Speaking of Adblock Plus, I tend to use it a lot and it really has helped in many ways. Not only do I get speedier web pages, but some of the distracting ads (women in skimpy clothes, etc) are gone as well. As a man who desires to be a strong Christian husband, devoted and dedicated to my wife, Adblock Plus is a gift. Since I can use it to block groups of images or even all images from certain domains, once it is set, it does a good job.

Last night was night number 2 having the third dog around. Mandy whined quite a bit last night because we put her in the dog crate. She peed in the house (something she did not do the first night) and since she is SO hyper, we had to do it. In the long run it will be good for her, but right now she is not liking it at all.

I beat my wife home last night so I got to take care of all three dogs. It took 20 minutes just to get Mandy back in her crate. Then our oldest dog refused to use the bathroom, even though he had been in the house the entire day while we were at work. He also refused to eat, so after about an hour or so he went back into his area and I joined my wife for dinner. I did finally manage to get him to use the bathroom, but I had to walk him a couple hundred meters first.

My wife and I went to La Finca for Mexican food. My wife ordered a "super" burrito while I enjoyed quesadilla camerones (Shrimp Quesadillas). Ohhh..they were tasty. I even splurged and got Xangas (Cheesecake chimichunga with cinnamon ice cream) for dessert. I probably should have pushed the truck home. I was full.

No comments: