Thursday, December 22, 2005

Of Vacuums and Microsoft

We received our new vacuum cleaner today ... a Dyson DC14 Low Reach. It is a pretty good unit. It is a little hi-tech (but would you expect anything less from moi?), but pretty nice. Light and not nearly as noisy as our Windtunnel (while it is powerful, it is expensive to maintain). While we paid twice as much for our Dyson as we did the Windtunnel, we should recoup the loss by the money we save by NOT buy a new filter every 3 months.

When we got it, I told my wife that Microsoft was getting into the vacuum business. Yes, they are finally making a product that does not suck. ;-). She did not get the joke at first. Microsoft just is not my cup of tea. I am eventually going to move everything over to Linux. I got the one program that I wanted to run (AceMoney Lite) to work in Linux under WINE, and I think I can make most of the other programs work as well.

Well, all my Christmas shopping and wrapping is complete, except for the coffee my wife likes, Starbucks Decaf Christmas Blend. Darn good brew, for a decaf that is.

I was supposed to go to work with my wife today, but her boss called and asked us to come in tomorrow instead. We were about 1/3 of the way there, but we turned around and came back. That worked out for both of us as we got a few things done around the house.

The dog we are watching has shown some interesting behavior. If we leave it alone, it will howl and whine until we either come near it or we turn on a radio. She was pretty good most of the day but there were moments. Saturday will not come quick enough. Three dogs is a lot to handle, especially when one is not 100% house broken and is not obedient.

No comments: