Tuesday, December 27, 2005

After Christmas Shopping

I do not like to shop, but sometimes you have to. Today I had a punch list of things to do and I completed them without too many issues.

First on the list was gas for the truck. $2.02 at Kroger with $100 in purchases (which had accumulated 2 weeks ago). Full tank was $36.00

Next was an oil change. I usually get this done at the dealer. I know it costs more, but they tend to do a better job and find the little things that others miss. I failed to use my coupon and paid $27.00 for my oil change.

Next was tires. Sam's Club has what I need and I drove away with 4 new Dunlop 50K mile tires for about $350

My wife called while I was at Sam's and asked me to look at the cordless drill box sets at Home Depot. I looked and they had a good selection...of things that I did not need at great prices or really nice things I wanted but could not afford. I settled on Lowes and got this for a $189.00.

My wife went shopping as well. She picked up her meds, a few Christmas wrapping items, lunch, and some hair spray...you know, women stuff :-).

I got home and put some things in the attic, checked the mail (2 cards, our son's cell bill, some personal mail for him, and junk mail), put the tonneau cover back on the truck (we took it off when we hauled the last load to the dump) and plugged in the batteries for the cordless drill set. I was hoping to use it today on a couple of small projects, but it has to charge for 9 hours and It will not be light when it finishes. Maybe I can pull it off early.

My leg was bothering me today, just like has for a while. The 'roids did not help as much as I hoped. I am guessing surgery is the next step. Joy.

No comments: