Sunday, December 18, 2005

Beef, it's What's For Dinner and I Really Hate Taking Medicine

Friday...A slow day at work that ended in eating more beef than I care to admit. Our office went to Fogo de Chao, as reported earlier, for our yearly Christmas get together. I sat at the end of the table with my manager, one other and a few of the beef fanatics. I tried to pace myself so I could savor and sample as much as possible without feeling over full. I almost succeeded. The food was good but I realized that I was not really in the mood for festive eating.

On my way home I decided to ... CHRISTMAS SHOP ([perish the thought) for my wife as well as get a gift card for our care group hosts/leaders from El Fenix. I was able to get from the restaurant district in Addison, stop by El Fenix, hit to other stores, and then home in 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Not that bad.

I started taking my steroids on Friday morning and was somewhat queasy all day long. That may have been what put a damper on my eating earlier. I have never taken steroids before and I can tell you that they do not do to me what the pharmacist said they would. First off, they make me drowsy (not keep me awake), they make me queasy (not boost my appetite) and they make me produce room clearing flatulence. I am glad I only have 3 more days (at lowering doses each day) to take them.

Saturday was a men's breakfast / workday in which I was able to only partake in the eating part. I really would have loved to work, but since my back is sore and I m supposed to be resting it (and straining it would be a really stupid thing to do since I am taking meds to relieve inflammation) I had to WATCH while 10+ others worked. I felt so useless. At least my truck was valuable. They used it to haul the old flooring to the dump. Bless you wife, for filling in for me.

I got home and vacuumed (I did not strain myself...I promise) and watched the play by play of the UNC game (GO HEELS!) reloaded my laptop (I screwed up some settings and I was too lazy to research on how to fix it). I went to bed early and got plenty of sleep.

Sunday My back felt pretty good all morning long until I carried a box (that was heavier than I thought it was) of cookware from one side of the parking lot to the other for a member of our church. We went back to the Ghengis Grill for lunch. My wife really likes that place. After that we went ... shopping at World Market. It would have been nice, but there are so many people out shopping that it takes away the pleasure of being there and I really like that store.

I got home and took a nap. I fell pretty good, except for my upper back is a bit sore. I think I is because I am over compensating for my lower back being weak. I also took my last meds for the day. 3 more days left.

No comments: