Sunday, September 04, 2005

Something to Chuckle At...

Last night my wife and I got ready to settle down for the night. Our son was at work and would not be home until after midnight. The dogs had been walked and we sleeping on the floor of our bedroom. It had been good day. All the chores we wanted to do had been completed (including the reloading of an old laptop I have decided to give to my wife to learn on) and we even had time to fellowship with 2 couples from church (dinner and 3 episodes of "Firefly" on DVD, which oddly enough my wife LIKES).

The night was winding down. As I slid in to bed, my wife looks over at me, with a smile on her face and says, "Hey honey, you wanna do a little "love talk"? I said, "OK!!", thinking that the night was about to get just a bit more interesting when she says, "No, not THAT, the book. Let's do a few more pages in the book."

We have been reading "Love Talk" a few pages a night as well as completing the optional workbooks we purchased, in hopes that we could enrich and improve our communication with each other. "Love Talk" has been very helpful in many areas and if you read it you will understand why my wife and I had this little misunderstanding. The nice thing about it was as soon as she realized what I THOUGHT she meant, she had a good laugh (actually we both did). I even told her I would blog about it and she had no problems. She is a trooper. I think I will keep her.

No comments: