Friday, September 23, 2005

Gasoline ... What a Racket / Rita Update

I find this a bit annoying. Oil prices and gas futures DROP and the price of gas in my area goes UP .10 a gallon. I smell a conspiracy...

When Katrina hit, the price of gas went up .50 a gallon in 2 days. It got back to normal for almost a week and now it is slightly above "pre-Katrina" levels. My guess is that we will see it go up again although oil prices may drop. Amazing how BEFORE the impact is felt, the prices increase. Also amazing is that oil companies made a 3 billion dollar PROFIT last year. Wow, not 300 million but 3 BILLION. What if we used some of that profit and ... I don't know ... LOWER THE FRIGGIN' Price of a gallon of gas? I do my part. I walk/ride my bicycle/carpool when possible. I know I own a truck with a V8, but I only drive it 2-3 days a week. Less once I get to start telecommuting some next year. I would buy a new vehicle that is easier on gas, but since we still have a loan on the family van, I cannot afford it yet...

Just in...

The first Hurricane Rita fatalities are not from flood or wind...but fire. Painful and sad.

It looks like the damage may not be as severe to the TX coast as once predicted, but the amount of rain the area will get is going to be massive, methinks.

No comments: