Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I Think He May Be Missing The Point

The Palm Pre is not supposed to be an iPhone killer. From what I have been told, as a phone, the iphone is only so-so. The primary reason you have a smart phone is the phone and PDA ability. The abilty to search, store, and play music is secondary. I mean I can play music on my Palm Centro, but I don't. I refer to use it as a smartphone.

To quote the author "...without the iPhone, there's no consumer smartphone audience", well that is bunk. We had smart phones long before the iPhone. Now if you want an iPod that makes phone calls, then get an iPhone. People who buy Palms are looking for a unit that is more business oriented. I am sorry, but an iPhone looks a little less professional than almost any other smart phone I know. Besides, I did not hear Palm say they were looking into having you replace your mp3 player with a Palm Pre. I would not want to go running with my iPod/Palm Pre and take a chance of it falling and breaking. Great, now I am out a PDA, phone, and mp3 player.

Do you workout with your iPhone?

I am sorry, but the article is a waste. The writer is obviously an Apple/iPhone disciple and has no love for the way the majority of the world works.

No comments: