Thursday, January 08, 2009

Giving In To Peer Pressure

I have resisted for a long time. The temptation was always there, those who called themselves friends pressuring me to do it. "Everyone does it, El Gee. Go ahead...try it." I hate peer pressure. I hate being "just like everyone else". How much temptation can one man take? The e-mails won't stop...they just litter my inbox. I delete them and try to forget about them, but more keep coming. The enticement, the mystery, the allure. STOP IT!

Weeks go by and I feel I am under control. No more e-mails from "them". Then, I get a phone call. A friend from high school calls me up and tells me that he tried it a while back and he likes it. "Heck El Gee, some of our friends from school are doing it." I know he is right...I have gotten the e-mails. Heck, even a woman who went to our church back in NC is doing it. It seems this obsession has captivated quite a few people.

I think about it, but not too long...the pressure is too great. If I don't do something, I will explode. I cannot take it any more.

I signed up for a Facebook account.

I was surprised how nice it is compared to Myspace. Myspace is for kids/teens. It is loud and in your face. Facebook is more mature. It was not long before I found 30+ people I knew on Facebook. I like it.

So if this page doesn't get updated as frequently as it used to, just come over to the dark side known as Facebook...we have cookies!

No comments: