Thursday, March 13, 2008

Playing Catch Up

Well, I am again way behind in timely updates to this blog. I was pretty dedicated for a while but I seem to have slacked off quite a bit over the pat few months. Let's see if I can bring everyone up to speed.

I went geocaching (as usual) on Saturday and I was quite surprised to have my wife join me. While she did not last long (about 1.5 horus into a three hour trip) she did manage to find 2 or 3 of them on her own. While she is still a greenhorn, she is progressing pretty well. I ended that day at 298 finds. I was hoping to get 300 by Saturday, but I guess God had other plans.

Sunday was Sunday school and church. Since we had eaten out Friday and Saturday night, we ate sandwiches at home for lunch. My wife was going out to walk the dog the go to the grocery story and she expected me to go out caching, but I did not really feel like it (please don't tell my caching buddies!) so I just stayed home. We ahd "Voice of Faith", our once a month Sunday evening service that night and I guess I just did not want to tire myself out completely.

Monday I had the church trustee meeting. I have agreed to take the role as the Trustee representative to the admin board since our head trustee (the current rep) has to step down. The trustees have a lot of changes to prepare for and I hope we can step to meet the challenge.

Tuesday I worked on my presentation about Islam to our care group. It did not take long to finish it. It was not polished, but it was informative.

I took Wednesday as a vacation day and went geocaching in the morning before I came home to fertilize the yard and spray weed killer on the nasty growth that has taken over my neighbor's yard. That was a 2.5 hour chore. While I was out caching I met ThePadre. He is a bit of a local legend in North Texas. New cachers like myself stand to gain a lot by talking to him.

After I finished geocaching and doing the yard work, I got cleaned up and got ready for care group so I could present my material on Islam. The presentation went pretty well...I obviously am no scholar nor am I a great speaker, but the message was well received.

After care group, my wife and I cam home and walked the dogs before watching the two "Law and Order" episodes we recorded. One had to do with illegal dog fighting and my wife could not watch it. Her love of dogs has softened her heart to the point that those issues really bother her.

Work has been pretty quiet so far this week. My TL is taking Friday off and is on vacation all of next week. Fortunately, I am not on call so I get to hand over the daily trash to the on call guy at night. While I am sure I will be tested next week, I can take comfort in knowing I am not alone. I have help.

One funny thing to mention. While I was out geocaching yesterday, my truck keys somehow became detached from the rest of my key ring in a wooded area many miles from home. I was not sure where they fell off so I had to retrace my steps until I found them. If you think that is not too difficult, you have to remember that geocaches are not placed on trails so I was "bushwhacking" quitea bit. Finding them was almost like looking for needle in a haystack. To make this story even more interesting, ThePadre, whom I had met just hours before, told me that it was good idea to carry a spare key since he had lost one once himself.

No comments: