Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I Expected As Much

My TL is on vacation this week so I expected it to be a bit busier than normal. If Monday is any indication of how the rest of the week will go, Heaven help us.

I got into work and got settled. I read all the new e-mails and skimmed the threat board and then looked at my personal e-mail. I had no sooner finished reading that when two issues came in back to back. In a way it was nice because it kept me busy all morning, but I really do not enjoy trying to handle multiple things at once. I guess I just do not multi-task well.

The rest of teh day went pretty well but I did get one call that needed attention about 1.5 hours before I went home. It was not resolved before I left work, so it was handed over to the on-call guy. I would not have to worry about it until 7:00 AM the next morning.

I came home and ate a quick dinner of pulled pork sandwiches and chips before I walked the dogs and watched some TV. I went to bed early. I was pretty tired from sitting on my butt all day. Amazing how that wears me out more than physical labor.

The next morning I was able to walk the dogs before it started raining, so I figured things were going my way. However in the process of packing my lunch, I spilled a cup of cranberry juice all over the counter and the floor. So much for a smooth morning.

After I got to work it started to rain...hard. It has been raining for several hours and the roadways are almost flooded. At least work has been mostly quiet. The Swede has called me twice but even with the interruptions I was able to do one report and close out one of the open high severity cases. I guess we will see how the rest of the day goes.

No comments: