Thursday, March 27, 2008

Blow Dry

The wind has really been fierce the past couple of days. My 14 year old dog, "Little Man" can't stand the wind blowing in his ears so he is not too thrilled with our morning and evening walks. Personally, I am just hoping the roof holds up. I see a lot of shingles in the neighborhood after these winds have passed.

I am on house arrest this week. Amazing how fast it comes around. The good news is I will not have to be on "house arrest" again before vacation. The bad news is I am on call the minute I get back. Oh well. At least I get a vacation.

I played hooky from work yesterday. While I still had to be on call after 5:00 PM, I was free as a bird until then. What better way to spend a could y morning than to go geocaching in Murphy, TX. I spent three hours finding 13 caches. Most were pretty easy and I walked 3.5 miles total to collect 12 of them. The last one was out of the way so I drove over, grabbed it, and went home.

Once home, I ate lunch and entered all my caching finds on the geocaching web site. I had noticed that the cache I hid on Sunday had not been published yet. I guess the admins have been busy.

After all that I broke down and washed my Dakota. I really had no plans to wash it but my wife washed her van on Saturday and it looked so good when she got done (I only helped a little) that I was moved to wash mine on Wednesday. While it is not perfect (I still have trouble with windows), it looks a lot better. And of course, it runs better now that it is clean :) .

No comments: