Monday, March 17, 2008

Great Day!

Sunday was a very good day. First, I slept in until 7:00 AM and when I got up I had an inviting cup of strong coffee. The weather was not bad so I walked Little Man and then came back to get ready for Sunday School/Church.

Sunday school went well and the techer (who has a very bad back) had both his son and his adopted daughter with him. he was in good spirits and it showed in his teaching.

Sunday was also the first day for our new pastor (which reminds me, I need to update our mychurch.org web page) and his message was delivered very well. He made a few changes to the routine, but they were welcomed. And even though the service ran over, no one really seemed to mind too much.

After church my wife and I stopped by a little Italian place and much to our amazement, it was not busy and we were able to get in and out at our pace. The server was even prompt and courteous! His tip showed our gratitude.

My wife and I got home and let the dogs out. We gave them some fresh water and I got dressed to go out "stomping in the woods"...geocaching. My wife was going with me and that made the day even better.

We loaded up our geat after we both changed into older clothes and headed out. My wife found the first one very quickly and then we moved on the the next area, a green belt a few miles away. That location actually had a lot of memorable moments: The first cache was missing, the second cache was lying on the ground and when my wife put it back where she thought it went, I realized that no one other than a small child (or my wife) could get their arm in the hole to get it out! I had to ask my wife be brave and put her arm back into a dark hole to pull out the cache while I fixed it so it would not fall down so far.

The next cache was out in the open again and my wife figured out a way to make it findable but not overly obvious. The last one in that park was there but it was heavily damaged. It was one of the famed "JakeinTexas" hides and well worth the 3/3 rating.

We moved on to a few more and struck out on one of those as well. I think it is still there, but camo'd ver ywell. The rest presented no problems other than a muggle or two. By the time we headed back home we were tired and hungry and the dogs need to be fed as well. It was almost 6:00 PM before we got back (we left at 2:15 PM) and we were very quite content with the outcome of our day.

I finished up the day by logging all our finds and notes to the geocaching web site and then calling my my while I walked both dogs. I was tired, but it was such a great day. God really blessed us both.

No comments: