Monday, January 30, 2006

Cleared

I just got back from the doctor and I have been cleared for work. I am going in to work a half day today.

My incision has healed very nicely and he said that I had a bit of an anomaly with my sciatic nerve. It runs lower than expected and he had to alter his surgical plans to work on it. He said that is why I have to wear a back brace. The good news is I only have to wear it for a total of 4 weeks (instead of 6). He said that while my back is not 100%, I am better than I was. He said that the wear on my back is something he normally sees in people 10 years older than me. I guess that is not great news, but I CAN WALK WITHOUT PAIN! Praise be to God!

My wife has been a tremendous help the past 10 days or so. She has not let me lift anything too heavy, has literally done all the house work (except the dishes and fold the laundry...I still do that). She has really been a blessing to me. I love her so much.

No comments: