Friday, November 28, 2008

Why Should He Care?

This quote bothered me:

"We have to make sure that produced oil is used for consumption and not for storing." - Iraqi Oil Minister Hussein al-Shahristani

Now, let me see if I understand this. It is okay for us to buy it as long as we are not saving it for a rainy day. You want us to only buy what we are using. I guess that makes sense since you are OPEC and if we need it and you want to jack the price around we have to pay it because we need it.

Folks, this should be another reason why we have to ween ourselves off of foreign oil. OPEC wants to dictate what we do with the oil as well as how much we pay. What ever happened to supply and demand?

Think about it. If we need 1 million barrels of oil a day they will sell it to us, but if we are saving any of it, they want to charge us more. I cry, "BULL!"

No comments: