Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Turkey Day

I want to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving. My wife and I had a non-traditional day having lunch at Furr's Family Restaurant and the doing a bit of geocaching. We had thought about cooking a big spread like we normally do but we both decided that eating dinner out and not having to cook and clean was appealing.

We had never been to Furr's before, but I thought it was a lot like K&W cafeteria back in NC...a place I sorely miss. Anyhow, the food was good and it was all you could eat for $9.09 + drink and tax. I think it was just under $12 person so my wife and I only spent $24 (not including tip) for the two of us. Sweet deal and good food. A little too much salt, but overall it was very good. We will be back, for sure.

After a great meal we headed out to Breckenridge Park to see how many caches we could get before either we ran out of life or my wife ran out of energy. Ever since she had her thyroid removed she has no been the same spunky wife I know and love. We ended up walking for about 2.5 hours and she asked to call it quits. We managed to find seven caches and a bonus cache.

We came home and took care of unloading the van as well as watering and feeding the dogs. We had taken The Golden with us (but not Little Man) so she did not need walked. After their food digested I took little man out to let him get some exercise and so he could use the bathroom.

After I got back I was a little hungry, so I ate a few leftovers from last night (meatballs, peas, and mashed potatoes). There is not much to watch on TV (my wife is watching Moonstruck) and I am pretty much caught up on all my TV watching this week. I guess I should go read.

No comments: