Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Es'plain This To Me

I read on Foxnews that there is a ad campaign that has me a bit miffed. It is from Why Believe In A God Dot Org and the reason I am miffed may not be what you think.

Here is a link to the ad. I am not upset that they are telling people they don't have to believe in "a god" (personally I believe in THE GOD, but I understand that I am biased...) but the tag line, "just be good for goodness sake" as me bothered. How should a person define "good"? Wordnet has a great listing for good, but is that really what the ad is asking us to do?

I am not smart enough nor do I have the time to postulate on all the details so I will just leave it at that. Before anything can be defined, you have to have a benchmark. Also if you can do good, then you have the ability to do evil and again, how is that defined?

The web site is pretty clear that we should not have ethics or values set in stone but we must remember that morals and ethics are not the same. Look them up.

No comments: