Friday, November 14, 2008

The Report

Well, the doctors office just called and all my blood work was normal. No thyroid or prostate issues and no cancers that they know of.

I then asked about my cholesterol and I was told my total was 199, which is good because it is below 200. The break down was:

Triglycerides (good cholesterol) - 135, which is in the good range
LDL (bad cholesterol) - 119, which is borderline.

They want to wait a year and take it again to see if my LDL goes up, stays the same, or goes down. My diet is already pretty low in cholesterol and I have a feeling that it is mostly hereditary. If it goes up any, they will consider putting me on drugs to lower it. My doc knows I am no a big fan of taking drugs so anything I have to take long term will be new for me. However I am not going to fret...I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

No comments: