Friday, May 23, 2008

Not A Whole Lot To Report

The past few days have been mostly quiet at work. I am on house arrest (on call) and it has been surprisingly quiet. While Monday and Tuesday had a few things to sort out, it has not been bad. As a matter of fact it has been pretty nice the past few weeks.

On Wednesday and Thursday I worked from home, which really was not like working except that I had a phone strapped to my side and I checked e-mail every hour or so. If the toys I received had not been in the picture, then I would have to call the week "boring".

On Saturday I am going to try to attend a Geocaching meet and greet at the Golden Corral near my work. I know I am on call but at least if I get called I can go to the office 5 minutes away and do my work. I have a haircut at 10:00 so I am going to have to cut the meet and greet short, but I should still be able to meet a few of the local cachers.

We have Monday off (Memorial Day) and thankfully Mexico is covering for us. We have been able to take most of our holidays...the only ones we have trouble taking are the global holidays of Christmas and New Years.

On the health side, it appears that my wife is going to have to have her entire Thyroid gland removed. The nodules that are growing on it are not responding to the medication and the endocrinologist says that her body is fighting itself in this process. The surgery is rather minor, but she will have to stay in the hospital for one day and off her feet for a week. Looks like I work from home that week. To add insult to injury, the doc told her today she has arthritis in her knees. My poor wife is falling apart!

No comments: