Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Every Log Tells A Story

I periodically scan the visitor tracking logs of this blog, just to get an idea of who visits this site and what brings them here. My hits are relatively low, 10 or so a day. On Monday, I was blown away...the logs showed 42 hits, the majority coming from European Credit Management in the UK. It seems the search started with info regarding the mattress that my wife and I bought from I Ikea last year, the Sultan Evje. While the number of hits is surprising, the context of the search is not (a large number of people hit my blog looking for info on that mattress). What is surprising is that after searching my blog for mattress info, they took the time to read several months of archieved articles. Interesting.

Scanning the logs I also notice a few hits on the con man and convicted fraudster, Ronald Patrick Arlt, whom I met a few years ago. It seems that I get hits on his name every week. Some are from former victims who have contacted me to share information, others are not. I have even had law firms seach for his name and be brought to my site.

And there are a large number of searches for the avatar that I use on this blog, Tux (the Linux penguin) swatting the Microsoft butterfy. That item seems to be pretty popular. Actually that search is as popular as the one on how to get soap suds out of your dishwasher (a cute story that I blogged about last year or so).

And lastly (but nost important in my opinion) are the regular readers (mostly friends) who stop by (sometimes every day) to see what good ol' El Gee is up to.

Yep, every log tells a story.

No comments: