Saturday, December 29, 2007

How You Doin?

I would have liked to have posted more, but I have not had much to post about. Wednesday it rained pretty much all day, so we did very little...certainly no geocaching. We watched some TV (we finished up "Heroes" season 1 and started season two yesterday) and cooked/cleaned up, but mostly we rested.

On Thursday, I was stir crazy so my wife let me go out geocaching while she we shopping with the gift cards she received for Christmas (she got some good bargains, but selection was unusually poor this year. I guess the retailers did better than they thought. Of course she spent some of it on me but that is just how she is. She has fun shopping no matter who she is buying for.

My geocaching adventure spanned 6 hours but only netted me 5 caches. The reason for that was I went after several hard ones and spent quite a bit of time trying to get to some of them...I was on the wrong side of the creek a lot of the time. I managed to get 5 of 7 I went after, which is not too bad. One of them was a terracache, my first ever. Terracaching is just like geocaching but instead of "park and grabs", terracaches will require at least 1/2 of a mile of walking or be very technical in nature. The one I found was on a trestle along an abandoned rail line. It was hidden very well...much better than I would have expected. There was a geocache there as well, but I could not find it. The geocache was rated a 4.5 stars on difficulty because most GPSr's cannot lock on to a signal with that much steel above them. That and the hide is a micro and while I think I understand what it is, I need to go back to see if I am right.

Friday, my last official day of vacation before the weekend, I did not go out geocaching, even though my wife told me she did not mind. Instead, I dusted and vacuumed the living room and dining room. We had not dusted in a while and since my wife had dust some and vacuumed half the house the day before I figured I could do my part...so I did. Out side of goofing off on the web, watching a little TV and eating, the only other thing that was done constructive was that I caught up on my work e-mail (which reminds me I need to do a little work today...I have a report I need to write).

I contacted one of the local geocaching gurus and we agreed to go and do a little caching in a Richardson park tomorrow after we get out of church and finish with lunch. My wife thought it was a great idea. While we will not have a lot of daylight to work with (3-4 hours tops) I should be able to get a few caches in.

Tonight we are going to Mickey and Mary's for dinner. Bob and Christi will be there as well as Bob's son Rick. While we are not close to Bob and Christi, the evening should be fun, none the less.

I am not sure what all I need to do today since a lot of the house work has bee completed, so I need to ask my wife before I get involved too much with anything.

I had failed to mention that on Thursday when I went to bed, I thought for sure I was coming down with the flu. I felt terrible but after a good nights sleep, I woke up feeling great. Now I still have some chest congestion, but overall I feel great.

How are you doin?

No comments: