Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Typical Monday

The one good thing I can say about yesterday is that it went by quickly. We had five new issues we had to coordinate...all of which occurred before lunch. With all that in the morning, we spent the afternoon "cleaning up", meaning doing all the required paperwork. Look at it like this. I am detective and after the case is solved, I have to send my captain a report. I write the report, post it on an internal web site, create a "ticket" in the report system, link it with the original report. IF any third parties are involved, I have to go one step further and create a report in a separate system they third parties have access to. Depending on how complex the issue, it could take all day to write the reports.

When quitting time rolled around, I handed over the phone line to my relief who works in Brazil. He was happy to hear that nothing was ongoing and that all he had to do was answer the phone if it rang. Once handover was complete, I headed off to Family Christian Bookstore to pick up some last minute gifts for my wife. I am not a good shopper. Nothing looked like something she wanted. I did manage to pickup a few little things for her but nothing substantial other than a gift card.

Traffic was pretty heavy (I left work at 5:00 PM) and the drive to the store plus shopping time and the trip home was almost two hours. We only live 15 miles away and i was only in the store for 45 minutes. I really don't like being out during this time of the year.

I got home, exhausted and was greeted by my wife (who called me as I was en route home) with a hot plate of spaghetti. A salad and some crusty bread would have been nice, but her day was kinda stressful and expecting her to have the perfect meal is a little unfair. I ate what she made, paid her a compliment, and then walked Little Man. By the time I got home and checked e-mail and opened my snail mail, I was exhausted.

No comments: