Thursday, October 13, 2005

Reflecting

Our son came by yesterday (1/2 hour before we needed to leave) to pick up the rest of his stuff. He seemed in a good mood. My wife has been talking with him off and on and appears to be handling him moving out better than I am, but for different reasons.

My wife was upset because she took his moving out personally, which I did not. I was not upset at first, but I am now. I am not taking this personally, I am upset I do not tolerate people who react in illogical ways. Our son is doing that, in my opinion.

I broke down and told my wife this and, being the wise woman she is, asked me if I had prayed for God to soften my heart. I hadn't at that time, but made time to do it as soon as I got to the office. I do not want to be mad at him, nor do I want his relationship with me to be like my relationship with my father. My son deserves, better than that.

He managed to take everything but the desk. It is huge, old and HEAVY. It is in bad shape, so I think I am just going to break it down into pieces and take it to the dump, unless someone wants it on freecycle.

When I arrived at work today, I was informed (via e-mail from a colleague) that the support job that I took on as a favor (and was supposed to stop doing in December) is NOT going away. This is frustrating because I support the America's (North, Central, and South) Mon-Fri 8-5 Central time. I usually work holidays, but was hoping to have Christmas break off this year. My part-time helper is going to Belize this Christmas, so I am stuck doing this myself. It becomes more frustrating since I have customers who speak French, English, Spanish, and Portuguese and I can only speak English. Many of my customers cannot speak English well enough (not that I blame them) for me to be able to help them, so a third party has to be recruited to assist. This is time consuming and aggravating...I am not a patient person by nature. However this may be God's way of teaching me some.

No comments: