Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Flag Burning

Lot's of talk on Christian Radio (100.7 FM in Dallas) about the possibility of an amendment being created to make it a federal crime to burn/desicrate the American Flag. I am very partriotic person, standing up to all sorts of people at work and on the web, defending America the Great. Do you want to hear something interesting, though? I think that the amendment is a BAD idea. Let me tell you why.

As a Christian, I put God above all. If we allow this amendment to pass, then we are saying that God is below the flag. We can desicrate (HEAVEN FORBID!) the Christian faith and MAYBE, you can get hit with a hate crime (although not very likely), but burn a piece of red, white, and blue cloth and go to PRISON for at leat 10 years? No. Where will it stop? If I have a flag decal on my vehicle and it becomes unusable and I decide to scrape it off, are you going to have be thrown in jail?

I think people who feel they need to vent should deal with the community and their disdain for the flag burner (not violence, just boycotting), not the Feds.

Dat's what I think!

No comments: