Monday, October 06, 2008

Fear or Fodder?

I noticed that Tina Fey has now performed three skits in four week on SNL portraying Sarah Palin and it got me wondering. Is the liberal media afraid of Sarah Palin or is Sarah Palin just providing fodder for NBC?

Now, to begin, I am most likely not going to vote for McCain/Palin (nor am I voting for Obama/Biden), but I am rather proud of Sarah Palin's accomplishments as a mayor and a governor. While I still think she needs some more polish to become an effective national leader, I appreciate her down home attitude and style. She does not look or act like a Washington insider.

NBC, like most of the mainstream media giants, are incredibly liberal and any threat to their ideals will cause them to begin mocking the easiest target. McCain is old and an easy target but how many old jokes can you tell before it gets old? Palin is the shot in the arm to the Republican party and the liberals know it, so they attack her instead of McCain.

The other side of the coin is that Palin offers so much that can be used as fodder that the liberals at NBC and SNL cannot help but latch on to it. But I doubt his theory because the skits that have picked on Palin have been centered on her with some light jabs to liberals once in a while.

Oh, why doesn't anyone mock Obama on TV? The answer is quite simple. If you poke fun of a black it is racism...poke fun at a white and it is humor. Forget politics...all parties have given SNL something to pick on.

No comments: