Monday, October 27, 2008

The Warm Up

This weekend was a warm up for what I expect to be a busy week. Let me start with Friday.

Friday at work was rather slow, the way it has been for the past few weeks. I am not complaining but I know that it will hit with a fury sometime...most likel when I am on call :).

On Friday I finally took the time to order new mobile phones for me and my wife. I ordered her a basic Nokia 6085 (in pink) and a refurbed Palm Centro, in blue for me. It will be my first PDA "smart" phone.

The ordering process on AT&T's web site was pretty painless although I could not order both phones (which share a family plan on the same accout) at the same time. I had to make two separate orders. No big deal, but it was a tad frustrating. They should be in Tuesday.

Saturday I had a laundry list of thing that I needed to get done. My wife was helping a a local charity event so that left me with some laundry, the dishes, the vacuuming, stripping and making the bed, getting my hair cut, and mowing two lawns. It was enough to keep me busy from about 8:30 AM until noon, when I stopped and did a little geocaching. I was only out about four hours then I came back and mowed the two lawns, finishing about 7:00 PM. I was exhausted and after a shower, I hit the hay.

Sunday we had church as usual but afterwards we took our Nigerian visitor, E.C. Okoye to lunch. Two other couples asked if they could join us and we all went to a local Italian place and had a couple of hours of good quality time. The only drawback was that one of the couples has three boys and I just felt that it was not very intimate with them along, but it was not too bad.

During lunch I got a call from a sister at church who needed some PC help. I went over but did not have what I needed to complete the job so I told her I would have to return. She only had Thursday free so I guess that is when I am going back.

After I got home I did some e-mail and watched a few of the fights from UFC 90 on the mma video sites. It looks like it would have been a good event to see live but I am okay with watching the videos online.

Before I knew it, it was time to go back to church for a meeting/covered dish supper with E.C> Okoye. The food was pretty good but I did not eat much. I was rather full from lunch. We had our meeting afterwards (which was just a call to band together and not have any division among ourselves) and then we had dessert. Again, I ate very little. once I was finished, I washed up a few dishes and then we went home.

I called my mom and chatted for a while. Nothing much new with her...same old, same old.

It was then I realized I have a busy week lined up for me:

Monday - Care Group Leaders meeting
Tuesday - Church Board emergency meeting and then after than, corporate prayer.
Wednesday - Care Groups
Thursday - Computer house call
Saturday - Church work day
Sunday - Teach Sunday School class (meaning I have to write a lesson sometime this week)

Not a whole lot of time for me, but I tend to get a lot of that anyway.

The next two months will of course, be very busy with Thanksgiving and Christmas (no shopping done yet). The good nest, I am not on call during either holiday. The bad news is I have to make up a weekend in November and I am on call the first and last week in December.

No comments: