Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hulu Love

I really cannot stop singing praises for Hulu. If you are not familiar with Hulu, it is a streaming video service that carries movies and popular TV shows via the web. There are no fees and you only have to sign up if you want to see movies with an "R" rating.

Overall the content is not bad. While I will admit the movie selection might be considered poor by many or most people, you cannot beat the price. Now if Joost can just make a web version of their service and offer more selection.

Hulu has allowed me to catch up on a few shows that I have missed because I had other things to record or watch during the time they were aired. They even have the recently air pilot of "Fringe", the JJ Abrams ("Lost") creation from Fox.

I am currently watching "The Bionic Woman" season one on my playlist. Past shows I have watched were "King of the Hill", "Firefly", and "Battlestar Galactica". There are probably more but there is so muc TV programming (both old and new) that you will keep busy for quite some time.

The one other down side is the ads that are broadcast but they are short (30 seconds or less) and fewer (four or five per episode), so that is not such a huge issue. I really hope they increase content for movies. If they do then this will be the place to watch your favorite TV show or movie in hi-def (when available) on the web.

No comments: