Thursday, September 04, 2008

Fanning The Flames

If you have spent any time at all on this blog you know I am a mostly conservative Christian father and husband. My wife is far more conservative than I am but we will agree to disagree on some issues to keep the peace.

My wife and I watched the big RNC speeches last night on TV and to be honest, we were both blown away. Rudy and Sarah both made great speeches and they had the crowd fired up. There was only one thing wrong with it. It was all politics.

Don't get me wrong, I like Sarah Palin and think she is an good role model for young women everywhere. While she is far from perfect, she still embodies what I believe the United States needs. She is a powerful speaker and proved that even when the teleprompter makes mistakes, she will still march on without missing a beat. She is a great spokeswoman for the Republicans. But can she do the job?

I have never been a John McCain fan. I supported Fred Thompson from the beginning and was truly saddened when he bowed out of the race. I then started looking towards Mitt Romney. While he is a Morman, he still sticks by his faith and I have to admire that.

When all the men I wanted to pull for dropped out, I felt like I was left looking at an old broken down draft horse in John McCain. He is old and has had at least three bouts of skin cancer. Oh, I know he is a fighter, but he old. Too old to run for president of the greatest nation on earth.

How does he remedy this situation? He recruits a young (early 40's), attractive hockey mom who just happens to be governer of Alaska. Now, tell me that does not just reek of politics?

To be honest, neither the Democratic candidate for president, nor the Republican candidate for vice president have enough experience to run this country. Not to mention that McCain is too old and I am really not sure what to think of Joe Biden...I need to research him more.

If John McCain is elected and he dies while in office, Sarah Palin would become president of the USA...a rather large job for a mother of five.

Am I a sexist? Not really. The bible has outlined roles for men and women but it does not state that women cannot be the leaders of countries.

This election is going to be 100% politics. Lots of mud will be sprayed on each and every candidate...no one will be spared.

No comments: