Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Oh What A Night!

On call is never "fun". It can be quiet, but never is it fun. Last night was about as un-fun as you could get.

I went to bed about 10 PM. When I am on call it pays to go to bed early since you never know when you will get called. Well I got called at midnight. I was up for 20 minutes, then went back to bed. I was then called again at 1 AM but this time I had to stay up an work an issue until about 3:00 AM or so. At 3:30 AM, I was called again and then I was able to sleep for...1.5 hours. Yes, I was back up at 5:00 AM.

I walked and fed the dogs, then I went back to bed at 6:00 AM. I slept until about 7:30 AM when I got up for good.

Yeah, that was rough, but the good news is I have only had one calls so far. While I am sure I will get more (I had three I worked on yesterday), at least it is not busy now.

It could be worse. An update to SAP was rolled out last weekend and there could be a multitude of little things that need corrected. That happened last time we did a big SAP update. It took months to straighten out.

That being said I am going to take a nap at lunch time (God willing) and get some more rest. While it will not be like a real nights sleep, it will help.

Now if I can just get the ground to dry up so I can mow a couple of lawns.

No comments: