Wednesday, December 15, 2004

American Civil Liberties Union : Pennsylvania Parents File First-Ever Challenge to 'Intelligent Design' Instruction in Public Schools

American Civil Liberties Union : Pennsylvania Parents File First-Ever Challenge to 'Intelligent Design Instruction' in Public Schools

This saddens me. I have a very inquisitive nature and I firmly believe that science and religion can exist peacefully. Why must some people do this? The theories of the universe's beginnings are just that, theories. Why are some theories taught and not others? If I have to listen to some old theory that has not been proven being taught in school, why can't other theories be taught? We are not teaching Christianity here so I cannot see why the ACLU is getting so upset about. We are not placing one religion above another. We are simply saying that some sort of higher power planned this thing we call 'existence'.

No comments: