Monday, November 14, 2016

Examples of Liberal "Tolerance"

To be fair, both sides are guilty, really.  The bashing and gloating really make social media difficult to look at the past couple of days.

Don't get me wrong...I get it.  Trump really angered a lot of women and immigrants/minorities.  He ran his campaign in such a way that even I was surprised he won. He is not a politician (which in some ways may be a good thing) and speaks whatever is on his mind (not such a good thing), has a ton of money and probably plans on buying his way if it can be done. He is a living cartoon character.  But is he actually worth all the HATE people are spewing? One would think that energy could be used more productively.

This is one example from one of my long time friend' s Facebook wall.  My friend has several other "friends" who are pretty upset at Trump winning the election.  I probably should not have even commented (Don't feed the trolls) but I was just trying to point out that Hillary won the popular vote and her supporters should at least take some solace in that.  One of my friends "friends" had some outdated info they posted regarding the election results.  I politely corrected that person.  That person then went on a tirade on how the independent voters cost Hillary the election, taking away her votes. Again, I tried to politely correct that person. That person went on to call anyone who voted for Trump a redneck.  I did not vote for Trump but somehow I get the feeling this person still wants someone to blame.  I get the feeling the people who are so upset do not understand the system.  Maybe taking a Civics class would help.

Notice that third party voters are not spitting this kind of vitriol and I can guarantee that Trump supports would not be this hate-filled if they lost.  Heck, as mad as the Conservatives were when Obama won, I don't remember this kind of backlash.

If Clinton supporters want to be angry, they should be angry at the DNC, not Trump or his supporters. The DNC decided that Bernie was not a viable candidate and pushed for Hillary, who is as polarizing as Donald Trump.  Had Bernie been the DNC's choice, I think the outcome would have been different.

One of the best reads on this comes from a guy I used to work with "Spork".

Oh, one last note.  This administration will be Republican controlled as the Republicans are in control of Congress, which should make getting legislation passed a bit easier.  Now hopefully Trump will surround himself with smart, knowledgeable people to guide him in decision making.

BTW, some Facebook "friends" (of a liberal bent) have disappeared.  So much for tolerance, love and acceptance.

No comments: