Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Do You Love Ingress?

Man, this game is addicting.  I am constantly looking for new ways home to hack/attack unique portals, upgrade resonators and/or mods, trying to link and create fields to help The Resistance keep XM from destroying us all.  I selectively seek out "Link Anchors" which will yield me a good deal of points with little effort (okay so I waste 20-30 L6,L7, and L8 XMP's but who's counting?) and really get the toadies knickers in a bunch.

But with all the fun I get out of playing Ingress, it frustrates me as well.  Not the game, but the notifications that, "Your link/portal/resonator, XYZ has been neutralized"...it is so demoralizing to me.  Probably not for you, but it really bothers me.  I would rather wake up and see my portals down and owned by toads than get inundated with 6000 e-mails telling me so.  It was crushing me.

So I made the decision to turn off all notifications and I have to say I am a happier man.  of course I would be happier if "SlapYoMom" had not taken out the L6/L7/L8 farm across from my office.  I am sure glad I was able to stock up a little at lunch today before he/she went on their rampage.  Well, played, SlapYoMom,well played.

In other news I am just under 600k points from reaching R9.  I have my badges/medals for that level and I am actively working to get badges/medals for the next, before I need them.

No comments: