Monday, August 10, 2015

Ingress - Level 9

After about 2 months or so of play, I am at R9 in Ingress.  I reached that milestone during my morning commute this morning when I noticed 2 link anchor portals that were calling my name.  It came at a cost...I am pretty weapons poor at the moment.  However it netted me the points I needed to put me over the top.  I managed to get 33k points on the morning commute.  I normally get 10-20k.

I had a stellar week, gaining over 300k AP's (points) during a 7 day period.  I stayed in the top 50 regional players all week as well, which is saying a lot since we have some STELLAR players (DragNLo - congrats on your number one slot)

I don't thing I have done too poorly overall but I have to admit my commute time and gasoline consumption has doubled.

To reach R9, you need to not only get points (2.4 million) but you also need to get badges/medals:


  • L09 Agent = 2,400,000 AP + 1 gold 4 silver   -  Level Reached
  • L10 Agent = 4,000,000 AP + 2 gold 5 silver   
  • L11 Agent = 6,000,000 AP + 4 gold 6 silver  
  • L12 Agent = 8,400,000 AP + 6 gold 7 silver 
Getting the badges/medals for R9 was not very hard.  I currently have enough of those for R10 (and bloody close for R11), but I still need the points.  The gap between Silver and Gold is pretty big, so I am really going to have to hack, upgrade. link, and destroy nearly every single time I get the chance if I want to get to R11.  I am also going to have to see out portals I have not hacked before, just to increase my changes of getting those badges/medals.  Fortunately I have a couple of places I can farm for supplies if needed, proving they stick around.  I have been actively maintaining them when I can. 

R13 is where the  ULTIMATE Challenge begins as you need to get Platinum badges/medals to level up:

  • L13 Agent = 12,000,000 AP + 1 Platinum 7 Gold
  • L14 Agent = 17,000,000 AP + 2 Platinum 7 Gold
  • L15 Agent = 24,000,000 AP + 3 Platinum 7 Gold
And if you want to get to R16, you need "black" badges/medals:

  • L16 Agent = 40,000,000 AP + 2 Black 4 Platinum 7 Gold
The game takes a lot of time if you want to level up effectively.  I am learning the best ways of getting ponts  but it still takes a lot of XMP's and Ultra Strikes  to do it.

I am sure I can male R12 by Christmas, maybe even Thanksgiving this year.

No comments: