Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Just Not In The Mood / More Rain

I am going to be honest and say that I have not been overly motivated to do much of anything lately...well at least the last two weeks.  I am not really motivated at work and that is partly because my global manager has been on vacation and not available for input on a project he has me working on.  He says that I can pretty much do what I want but I am not feeling very inspired.

Even something that I love, geocaching, has not provided much joy to me as of late.  I admit the weather has been wet (a bit of an oddity in Texas) and I am not a fan of tromping around in the muck to look for Tupperware hidden in the woods.  Normally, my wife has trouble keeping home and away from geocaching but lately I can't seem to get motivated much to leave the house outside of going to work or the story and an occasional walk  or yard work.

I am sure this is due to my near constant reminders (cramping, twitching, hand claw) of my ALS. These symptoms appear to be getting worse.

I have my annual vacation/trip back home scheduled in late June.  I am going to take two weeks this year (a first for me) and visit an old friend in Virginia on my way back.  On the way up I hope to take a longer route to allow me to drive through some states I have not been in before and hopefully (if my interest returns) get a geocache in each one.

I am dreading the thought of telling mom of my diagnosis. While she is a strong woman I am not sure how she will handle the news.  My sister seems to have taken it well enough but I know that at some point the reality will sink in and she will break down some.

My wife is still strangely neutral regarding this.  I realize part of that is the strained marriage we have had over the past 21 years but I would have expected at least something from her.

I am still taking my meds and that reminds me that I need to pick them up from the pharmacy on my way home.  I was hoping to mow grass but the 20% chance of rain has turned in to a full morning of liquid sunshine, soaking the ground again.  That means my already high grass will get much higher before the rain lets up and it dries up enough to cut, which should be Sunday at the earliest, if the current forecast holds true.

No comments: