Monday, March 23, 2015

The Running Man

Just a short update.

I walked 4.5+ miles on Sunday at a very brisk pace (13:40/mile), working up a bit of a sweat in the process.  It felt good to be outside with all the rain we have received lately.  Yes the ground was soggy but it will dry up.

I worked out this morning at the facility in my office building.   For the past 10+ days I have shied away from running due to the tweak to my left ankle.  Since my ankle appeared fine, I hit the treadmill with the intention of running 5 miles.  I ended up goin 4 at a slightly slower pace than normal, then hit the elliptical machine for 20 minutes to do 3 more miles.  I was not enjoying the first mile of my run, but I have learned never to judge the workout by the first mile.

I was a little winded and I was definitely sweating a lot afterwards,  There was a little pain but not horrible.  I will try to duplicate this workout on Wednesday, maybe getting 5 miles of running and 4-5 on the treadmill.

I also wanted to give props to Tom Brower, my running partner, who broke the 2 hour mark during his last half marathon.  He is a couple of years older than I am but in great shape and has been an inspiration to me to keep running, even when I do not feel like it.

Way to go, Tom!

No comments: