Wednesday, March 25, 2015

More Kudos for Tom, Damn, My Hand is Looking Skinny, and Cleared to Take the Meds

I just received an e-mail from my running partner, Tom informing me that he was a "lottery winner" in the Marine Corps Marathon.  This will be Tom'st first full marathon and the Marine Corps Marathon is not an easy run to be his first but I have the utmost confidence in him.  He has worked very hard on his running, conditioning and endurance so he will succeed in this endeavor.

I have no plans to run a full marathon.  As a matter of fact, my next one (the Fairview Half) will be my last one as I just don't think my ankle can take the pounding of distance runs anymore.  BTW, isn't that a gaudy finishers medal?

I was looking at my left hand today and noticed it really is looking quite scrawny compared to my right.  I can tell my grip is getting worse and my hand is tired well before the end of the day from the typing I do.

Also, after a lot of playing middle man between my neuro and the lab that did my blood work, I have been cleared to take Rilutek.  I will pick up the script when I get off work and start taking it immediately.

Let's hope the side effects are minimal!

No comments: