Monday, March 30, 2015

The Beginning of a Busy Week / Recap

Well, it looks like this will be another busy week for me.  Last week I spent quite a bit of time in meetings and this one looks no different.  Meetings and e-mail are a tremendously draining of my time.  The extra mail I get from being a "deputy" is staggering.

The past weekend was pleasant.  I had breakfast with the guys like I normally do on Saturdays and instead of Geocaching right afterwards like I normally do, I went back home to take care of a few "honey do's".  I got them all done but one and probably could have take care of that one as well but I just was not in the mood to do it.

On Saturday I managed to clean and fix a leaky gutter, trim and edge the lawn, reset a sunken paver in the yard, pull out and move back the washer (so my wife could clean behind it), set up my wife's new Moto G mobile phone, and vacuum the house.  I know it probably does not sound like much but probably took me about 6 hours or so to do.

Sunday I went geocaching with a group of local cachers near Duncanville, specifically at Joe Pool Lake along the dam.  About 15 of us showed up to walk the 4 miles of dam and service road to collect the 30 caches that were there.  I guess we could have gotten more but we decided to cut it short.

To make up for the bad (health-wise) fast food lunch I had, I made a crab meat, spinach, and mushroom scramble for dinner.   I gave it a kick with some pepper jack cheese and itt really hit the spot.

I was unable to work out this morning due to a 6:30 AM meeting with colleagues in Europe.  Last week I had several early morning meetings as well that kept me from working out.  I really need to take a walk this evening to try to get some exercise in.

After my two meetings were over (I also had on at 9:00 am) I boxed up my old work mobile phones to be recycled.  The entire process was pretty easy.   The hardest part was finding a box small enough to ship them back in.  The phones have been sitting my drawer for a long time and I do not know why I had not sent them back yet.

No comments: