Thursday, January 27, 2011

Me and my Pre

I stated a while back that I would give an update on the Palm Pre Plus that my wife and I upgrade to a few months ago. After using the device for over three months, I can safely say that I think the OS (operating system) on the phone (HP WebOS) is rock solid. While the hardware is a little weak, it still is a fine little phone.

I hope HP will continue producing phones with HP WebOS on them. I have always been a fan of Palm and since HP purchased Palm some time back I have been dying to see what the two of them can do together.

As I type this, it is rumored that HP will release two "pad" computing devices akin to the iPad. I doubt that HP will be able to unseat Apple but I am looking forward to the rivalry when HP releases there mobile computing device.

2 comments:

Jeff M. said...

I am waiting on any PAD that is not Apple. I have an Iphone and if I look at it, Apple wants a dollar. I'll take a good Android 3.0, HP Web OS, or even a Windows one (it could probable be made to run Linux)

Jeff M. said...

I'll take any non-Apple PAD. I have an Iphone for work and if I look at it Apple wants a dollar. And most of the "free" apps nag you to death to upgrade or bomb you with ads which crap out ATTs network.