Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Of Texas And Snow

As the year 2009 is coming to an end, we have had (to my knowledge) three snowfalls this year in the North Central Texas area. None have been significant. All have come over the past three months.

The first was just snow spittle and did not accumulate at all. The second came on Christmas Eve and totaled about one inch. It stayed until the next day when it began to melt some. It was completely gone by the 27th.

The third came yesterday and was the most beautiful on of all. It started as rain and slowly changed into medium sized flakes. It had accumulated to about an inch or so before I went to bed that night. I was hoping to get a picture but decided to wait until the next morning. Bad decision. This is all that is left of our snow:


Yessirree folk, the snow melted overnight as temps stayed in the upper 30's. It is forecast for a high of 50 degrees today and in the mid 40's the rest of the week. with lows in the mid 30's.

This is how North Central Texas gets snow. My wife, not liking cold weather, loves it. Me? I miss the WV snows of my youth of which, by the way, revisited as my mom reports the last snowfall was 15 inches. Nice.

No comments: