Sunday, April 12, 2009

Health Update

My wife had her surgery on Wednesday and a lot of people from church showed up, not to mention my son and his fiancé.  Lots of praise to God for the outpouring of love and support.  We have had several visitors at home, many cards and e-mails, and a few meals delivered (all which have been great).

Overall the surgery went well.  Technically it was out patient surgery (just like my back a few years ago) but since she was fully under (just like I was a few years ago) she had to come out from the anesthesia and use the bathroom before she could go home.  That was a longer process than I had hoped, but she did get to go home that night.  Of course we had to stop at Wal-Mart to get her prescriptions filled first.  The lines were long and she had to wait in the van longer than I would have liked, but we finally made it home safe and sound.  Once there, I got my wife into the house only after I let The Golden out since The Golden had not been out all day (we left at 10:30 AM and got home at 7:30-ish PM).

Once home, she pretty much headed straight to bed.

She is doing well so far.  We ventured out on Friday to take Solder Boy and his fiancé to the airport so they could get back to their life.  We grabbed dinner at Razzoo’s before and ran a couple of errands after the airport run but after that we just stayed home.  I did not do much on Saturday (except clean) and catch on several episodes of various shows on Hulu.

Today is Easter and I am getting ready to go to church with my wife.  I skipped Sunday School today and to be honest my bible reading has dropped off considerably.  I am going through one of those “disconnected” phases again where I just don’t find a lot of joy in things.  I guess it is mostly my fault for letting work get to me.

We are still not sure on the status of our vacation package.  We have paid for it in full but since we had to cancel at the last minute, we are not sure if we will get any of it back, or if the owner will allow us to use another off season week to use the house.  Anyway you look at it, I need a vacation.  Badly.

No comments: