Friday, October 28, 2016

Really Feeling Run Down Lately

I have noticed over the past two weeks or so that my energy level is pretty low.  I wake up sore and tired which is the way I go to bed, most of the time.  Most of it is my back and I have been having general back issues for years...they are just worse now.

I have been trying to walk some each day (down to a couple of miles each day now instead of the 3-5 I used to do) with half of that at lunch and the rest as soon as I get off work.  It is a slow walk, playing Ingress along the way (care to become an agent?  Send me your e-mail address and I will send you an invite.) I don't have the energy anymore to go at it like I used to.  I guess this is just the way things are going to be from now on.

I have also noticed that my right hand is starting to exhibit the same behavior as my left one did a few years ago which is now causing me problems getting dressed.  Buttons are much more difficult for me now as are laces.  I can usually still manipulate them, but it takes longer to do so.

Typing is a chore so I am now either voice dictating or using the "hunt and peck" method, which is slow and tiring.  Using voice dictation at work is not possible all the time due to the close proximity of the other cube dwellers in the office so I am hunt and pecker most of the time.

I set my sister up as the trustee to my Google data which was a lot less painful than I had thought it would be.  I had hoped to do the same with my Microsoft data but they do not allow that, so I will have to move any important data over to Google while I am still able.

I realized the other day that I still have 2.5 weeks of vacation left that I need to take before Jan 1, 2017.  I hope I can do some long weekends from here on out but I need to verify that with my manager.  My desire would be to take Friday as a vacation day but I might switch that to Monday since nothing usually goes on for me.  I will still be available if something important comes up.

I received notice yesterday that I have been summoned for Jury duty in November.  It has been a while since I have been summoned and even longer since I have served.  I am kinda hoping I am chosen.

No comments: