Monday, February 14, 2011

"It's Too Expensive"

I was out with a friend of mine on Saturday after a successful morning of geocaching (yeah, I still do that on Saturdays) when we stopped at Steak and Shake for a quick bite. He owed me lunch so I let him pick the place. We sat down and we gave our drink orders to the server. I ordered sweet tea and my buddy ordered a water. "Why water? Are you on a special diet?", I asked.

"No," he replied "Tea is just too expensive to order when we eat out."

"DW, didn't you just spend $300 on a new iPhone 4 from AT&T?"

"Yes I did."

"And didn't you spend $200 a couple of years earlier on an iPhone 3GS?"

"Uh, yeah."

"Your wife has an iPhone, right?"

"Yes, she does, an iPhone 3GS we bought last year."

"And she also wants an iPad, right?"

"Yes."

"And SWEET TEA is too expensive?"

No comments: