Friday, October 30, 2009

Still Heartbroken

New dog is still missing. I went to the park this morning before I got ready for work to see if I could find her. I pulled into the parking lot and got out. It was still very dark at 5 AM so I had a flashlight with me. I spotted something reflecting 100 feet away. It was a pair of dog eyes. I called out to the dog as if it was New Dog but this dog barked. A lot. I was not so sure this was our dog but I kept calling. I called my wife (who had been up since 2 AM...she is so upset over this) and she ran over and immediately told me it was not our dog. I have pretty bad night vision so I was not sure.

After that I walked the park calling out for New Dog but I did not spot her anywhere. Some of the dog food we set out was eaten but we are not sure if it was New Dog or some other critter. It was mostly gone but some was left, which is a New Dog thing to do.

Right about lunch time my wife called me and told be that the rescue organization who had New Dog before we did sometimes has to tranq dogs when the are hard/impossible to catch. I gave my blessing on that and my wife agreed but she said she has a bad feeling we are not going to see New Dog ever again. I don't really think that is the case. What I think will happen is that we will never be able to catch her but see her all the time. One thing for sure is that if someone ever catches her, she will try to escape and since she has been spayed, she is not good for making puppies any more.

We have run into a lot of people who have spotted her but none who have been able to catch her. One man said his daughter, who is sort of a Doctor Doolittle with dogs, was unable get her to come very close. He said that has never happened before.

I am still pretty emotionally drained, which is making me tired and a touch depressed. I am on call next week so I will be on pins and needles for that...a nice addition to this issue.

And what really is amazing is that we have all kinds of other issues going on as well. Some with family, some with work...a lot with church. I feel so overwhelmed I am not sure I can take any more. I know that God never gives us more than we can handle so I am secure that I will make it but the pressure seems so intense.

I also need to go to the park after work and put up a few flyers there. Hopefully some one will see her.

Well, I plan on going over to the park tomorrow morning when it gets light to see if New Dog is there. I doubt that she will be...I think she has moved on to another neighborhood and finding her on our own will be pretty difficult. I still plan on putting up some flyers in nearby neighborhoods but the best chance is for the animal control to find her and hopefully they will call. My wife has dropped off a flyer to them both.

We are still praying for New Dog to come home. We miss her so much.

No comments: